Chetana Hegde is working as Associate Professor at RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore. She is a passionate teacher with around 15+ years of experience in industry, academia and research. She holds a doctoral degree in Computer Science. She teaches programming concepts to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
She is an active (Senior) member of a professional body IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) and holds responsibilities at Bangalore Section of IEEE.
She is also the author of the book “Object Oriented Programming with C++”, published by Prism Publications, Bangalore. Her research interests include Biometrics, Image Processing, Algorithms and Data Analytics.
- First Rank to University with two Gold Medals at B.Sc examinations in 1999.
- Felicitated with Golden Jubilee award for scoring the highest marks in B.Sc. exam in the 50 years history of University.
- Travel Grant from Department of Science and Technology (under MHRD, Government of India) under Young Scientist Scheme for travelling and presenting a paper at an International Conference IEEE TENCON 2009 held at Singapore.
- Best Teacher Award from RNS Institute of Technology in 2010.
- Best Paper Award from IEEE for the research paper presented and published at an International Conference IEEE TENCON 2011 held at Bali, Indonesia.
- Invited Speaker at IEEE International Conference WIECON-ECE held at Dhaka.
Publications in International Journals:
- “Authentication using Finger Knuckle Prints”, Springer Signal, Image and Video Processing Journal, Special Issue on Image and Video Processing for Security, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 633 – 645, March 2013, ISSN: 1863 – 1703.
- “Heartbeat Biometrics for Human Authentication”, Springer Signal, Image and Video Processing Journal, Special Issue on Unconstrained Biometrics: Advances and Trends, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 485 – 493, September 2011, ISSN: 1863 – 1703.
- “FKP Biometrics for Human Authentication”, CiiT International Journal of Biometrics and Bioinformatics, vol. 3, no. 5, May 2011, pp. 238 – 244, ISSN: 0974 – 9675.
- “Signature Authentication for Banking Applications”, International Journal for Information Processing (IJIP), Vol. 3, No. 1, March 2009, pp. 65 – 78.
- “Dynamic Object Detection, Tracking and Counting in Video Streams for Multimedia Mining”, IAENG International Journal of Computer Science, vol. 35, No. 3, August 2008.
- “Google Maps and Bus Tracking”, ELK Asia Pacific Journal, May 2015, ISBN: 978-81-930411-5-4.
- “Wavelets-based Novel Approach for Biometric Authentication using Finger Vein Patterns”, International Journal of Computer Engineering and Applications (IJCEA), vol. 12, no.1, pp. 132 – 142, January 2018, ISSN: 2321-3469.
Publications in International Conference Proceedings:
- “Sentiment Analysis of Restaurant Reviews using Machine Learning Techniques”, Accepted for publication in proceedings of Springer – Verlang 3rd International Conference on Emerging Research in Electronics, Computer Science and Technology (ICERECT – 2018) to be held at PES College of Engineering, Mandya during 23rd – 24th August 2018.
- “Secured Human Authentication using Finger Vein Patterns”, Proceedings of International Conference on Data Management, Analytics and Innovation (ICDMAI – 2018), Springer-Verlag, Jan 2018, Pune, India
- “Finger Vein Pattern –based Authentication using Geometrical Properties of Corner Points”, Proceedings of IEEE International WIE Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (WIECON – ECE 2017), Dec 2017, Dehradun, India
- “Finger Vein Pattern based Biometric Authentication using Gabor Wavelets”, Proceedings of National Conference on Computational Sciences and Soft Computing (NCCSSC – 2017), Dec 2017, Shimoga, India.
- “Traffic Signal Time Analysis and Voice – Based App for Visually Impaired Pedestrians”, Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Emerging Research in Electronics, Computer Science and Technology (ICERECT-2015), pp. 1 – 4, Dec 2015.
- “Video Shot Boundary Detection using Statistical Methods”, Proceedings of IEEE International WIE Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (WIECON – ECE 2015), pp. 52 – 56, Dec 2015, Dhaka.
- FKP Biometrics for Human Authentication using Gabor Wavelets”, Proceedings of International Conference IEEE – TENCON 2011, pp. 1072 – 1076, 21st – 24th November 2011, Bali, Indonesia (Best Paper Award).
- “Human Authentication using Finger Knuckle Print”, Proceedings of 4th International Conference ACM Compute – 2011, 25th – 26th March 2011, Bangalore.
- “Statistical Analysis for Human Authentication using ECG Waves”, Proceedings of 5th International Conference on Information Systems, Technology and Management (ICISTM – 2011), Springer – Verlag, pp. 287 – 298, 10th – 12th March 2011, Gurgaon.
- “Human Authentication Based on ECG Waves using Radon Transform”, Proceedings of International Conference on Security Technology (SecTech – 2010), Springer – Verlag, pp. 197 – 206, 13th – 15th December 2010, Jeju, South Korea.
- “Ear Pattern Recognition using Centroids and Cross-Points for Robust Authentication”, Proceedings of 3rdInternational conference on Human Computer Interaction (IHCI-2010), Springer – Verlag, pp. 378 – 384, 16th – 18th January 2010, Allahabad.
- “Authentication of Damaged Hand-Vein Patterns by Modularization”, Proceedings of International conference IEEE TENCON-2009, pp. 1 – 6, 23rd – 26th November 2009, Singapore (Travel Grant from Government of India).
- “Secure Authentication using Image Processing and Visual Cryptography for Banking Applications”, Proceedings of International Conference on Advanced Computing (IEEE – ADCOM-2008), pp. 65 -72, 14th – 17th December 2008, Chennai.
- “Authentication using Image Processing and Visual Cryptography”, Proceedings of International Conference on Information Processing (ICIP-2008), pp. 418 -423, 8th – 10th August 2008, Bangalore.
- “Identification of Dynamic Objects in Video Streams for Multimedia Mining”, Proceedings of SPIT-IEEE Colloquium-2008, vol. 1, pp. 193-198, 4th – 5th February 2008, Mumbai.
- “Moving Object Identification Using Background Elimination Technique”, Proceedings of International Conference on Information Processing (ICIP-2007), vol. 1, pp. 507-512, 10th – 12th August 2007, Bangalore.
- “Graph Theory: Applications in Operations Research And Software Project Management”, Proc. of National Conference on Geometry, Analysis, Fluid Mechanics and Computer Applications (GAMCA-2004), pp. 174-182, December 2004, Shimoga.
- “Object Oriented Programming with C++”, March 2015 Published by Prism Publications, Bangalore. ISBN: 81-7286-900-2
- Contributed a chapter entitled “ECG Biometrics for Human Authentication”, in the book “Multibiometrics Systems: Modern Perspectives to Identity Verification“, published by LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Germany, March 2012. ISBN: 978-3-8484-4937-8
- “Object Oriented Programming with C++”, 2nd Edition, June 2008. Published by Interline Publishing, Bangalore. ISBN: 81-7296-099-9
- “Object Oriented Programming with C++”, 1st Edition, Aug 2006. Published by Interline Publishing, Bangalore. ISBN: 81-7296-099-9